Tuesday 8 May 2012

Foot for FMQ

As you may have already seen I am trying to learn how to do FMQ (Free Motion Quilting) I got want I thought was the right foot going by the DVD saying about the plastic foot & cutting a bit out well I got a satin foot which as you all will know will sit on the fabric so totally wrong well even with the bit cut out I will still be able to use it to see when I am doing other stitches I do have the correct one as well.

So today went back to Silver at Rushden where my machine which is a Silver   9500E   & got new feet you can click on link to see what my machine does.





Anyway I got 2 new darning feet now here the original foot that comes with the machine


This foot is the new one I bought


This one is after I got DH to cut a little away so it got a bigger space


I have not tried it yet but will do, another thing I learnt was the person who sold me it I had asked her to show me how it fits as it a bit different from the original anyway she didn't take the screw fully out so that something I will try as I do really struggle putting the originally one on so either of the new ones should be easier.


With this foot I will be able to see more, I do struggle having problems with my eyes anyway so anything that can improve my vision of the area I am working on is always good.


I had looked at a plastic one but the little foot didn't have a very big workable area so wasn't any good for what I want to do so will use this it has to improve the vision & ease of putting it on so that all should be good.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janice,
    That looks like the foot to my Janome Memory Craft that I used to quilt on before I got my Longarm. You will find it a lot easier to do your quilting with. A little practice and you will be making lots more quilted items. Make up some practice pieces and try it out. Happy quilting! Sharon
    www.longarmquiltingfromtheheart.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again