Friday 2 March 2012

Would like your Input Please

I would like some input please, as I mention had a change around in the bedroom which is where I do my sewing it to give me more room anyway DH said about doing away with the fold down table which is has a old sewing cabinet under one leaf for support so it don't drop when sewing.
Anyway he said about making/creating something for me & I said I think the table is the wrong height as it kills my back especially when cutting.
So my question I like to ask you all is what height is your sewing/cutting table/work-surface & what is your height in comparison me I am 5ft 4inches so what sort of height would I need my table to to be.
Any Input you can give would be greatly appreciated & don't forget if you reply as Anonymous then I can't reply to you

5 comments:

  1. Hi,, I have popped in, thru' Jan's Musings. As regards to height of tables, what about going with the height of your kitchen work tops. I am 5'7",, and they are fine for me. They are just a little over 3 feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For cutting, I have a "table" which is about the height of my kitchen units which DH rigged up with 2 trestles and a piece of melamine. This is great cos it means it can be put up and taken down easily. Also, you can get trestles that are adjustable I think from somewhere like the big Swedish furniture shop.

    For sewing, I have my machine in a cabinet, so that's not very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice, irt is recommended the cutting tables be kitchen unit height where ever you go, it works for me. I got hubby to raise my student table onto casters so I can wheel it round where ever I wish it to be, works a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you considered purchased a used padded or raisable piano bench? You can adjust the height anytime and relax your back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sewing table has a height of just under 29 inches. My cutting table is kitchen counter height. Anything lower and my back screams. I am 5'4 also. To make sewing easier, go on line and buy a Tilt-able, an acrylic device which raises up the back of your machine to make seeing the bed easier. Greatest thing since sliced bread.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again