Thursday 16 February 2012

This That & More

Well here goes me posting, what I been working on well not a lot i have done a few pairs of socks for DH which have been the same colour as previous ones i did a 2x2 rib down to the start of the heel flap then changed in to knit which gives a stocking stitch effect 
I don't think i shared the wedding quilt i did for my DD who got married in October it Red White & Black using The Lover's Knot Blocks with the borders in Valentine fabrics
Donna & Simon's Wedding Quilt 


DD loved it as it even when on honeymoon with them well they did go to Scotland lol


I am working on a flannel quilt it more for DH to either lay on or just cover up with if he laying on the floor so it won't be very big i guess you can say it more lap size here is the image i got from EQ showing the design it uses Broken Dishes Block i will only do 3 across & 5 down as not sure if i miss calculated or the flannel shrank more also if the cut was more generous on some colours either way didn't quite have enough to do 20 blocks i wanted
Broken Dishes Blocks
I am also in the stages of thinking what design & colours i want for a quilt for me as at present i have 2 3ft beds bolted together to make one very large bed we have decided to go back to a normal double which is 4ft 6inches so i won't have to make such large quilts as i really have struggle & not even done one that will do the 2 beds together 
DH came up with the idea & with moving the room around a bit it will give me more room for my quilting as i have a table i sew on in there but once i get to the stage where all 3 layers are together then i been doing it in the sitting room on a fold-away picnic table i may be able to set it up in the bedroom once we done the changes so i can set it up when i get to that stage & leave it up to i finish it without having to put it away every day.


Here is a friend's  blog  which you may like to go & see & even follow 


To Finish here is some more photos of Thumper this week i have my eldest granddaughter Kayleigh staying she nearly 18 & making a great fuss of Thumper 
Kayleigh & Thumper

Kayleigh & Thumper

Thumper 12th Feb 2012
My eldest DS said who looks the saddest Kayleigh or Thumper lol

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely wedding gift; I love it. I'm just starting one for my youngest son who is planning to marry in August 2013. Still a long time, so maybe I'll be able to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great compliment that your quilt was even taken on honeymoon with them. They obviously loved it.

    I think Thumper looks adorable, but do see what DS meant in the comment about who looks the saddest!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again