Saturday 19 December 2009

Snow in Burton Latimer & Christmas Wishes

Snow in the UK As you see from the photos we have had snow, this is the day after it fell the first photo is from my front door (okay it on the side but it classed as a front door)  you see the path is clear thanks to DH but can see the road that runs along the side of our bungalow
The 2nd photo down is a compleate turn around from the other photo it is going towards the gate that you come in by you see the road which we live on or i should say the address road we live on the corner plot to it two roads
The 3rd photo you just see the gate to the left & up the road it like a skating ring out there most of the side roads are like that it only the main ones if we are lucky that may get gritted, i know yesterday that a lot of problems on the roads where around due to the snow, accidents ect.
Well i closed the Christmas Challenge for me as i don't really have anymore to do so i did get all i wanted to done so i can say that it was a successful challenge really.
We now heading towards the big day, we had planned to stay at home but DD asked us for Christmas dinner so we will drive up & have dinner there we will come home same day i say we going that is unless the weather stops us but i am not expecting it to.
I love this time of year, I do have some lovely packages to open & I am being good I done it if when I open the original package if it then got something wrapped it will be opened on Christmas if it not then I get to see it lol
I hope to be starting a quilt after Christmas, I have a friend who lives not quite opposite but nearly well we will be doing some projects together I also have some things I want to get done on top of that I hope to post on here how things will be progressing with different things
I know I haven't posted much in the last few weeks I just haven't been on the computer so much & I don't expect that much will change in the coming week or so so I want to take this opportunity to Wish Each & Everyone of You a Very Merry Christmas & Hope that you have a Happy, Healthy & Peaceful New Year May this be extended to all your families all over the world.





4 comments:

  1. We woke up to several inches of snow this morning as well. I'd like to see it stick around to have a white Christmas. I hope you and your family have a peaceful, Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some snow here too and lots of really cold weather. It is going down to minus 8.
    Happy Holiday!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that the weather cooperates and you can get to your daughter's! Thank you for sharing the pictures.....I love seeing pictures of England. And thank you so much for recommending "The Last Detective", I am enjoying the series so much. I also loved George Gently. I have to be patient and wait for the last ones to be released here.
    Merry Christmas,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. the snow looks beautiful and I hope you had a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New year! I have missed hearing from you....Melinda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again