Wednesday 10 June 2009

It's Back

Well around 3 yesterday afternoon the doorbell rang & it was the friendly parcelman he had my Brother BM2600, so the shop had sent it back so I unpacked it & gave it a try & yes it working fine, I believe it just needed setting which I wasn't going to do, in fact I am going to take a photo of it so I will have the settings for when I do have to change the stitches, it a nice machine just not as easy to figure out as my own machine I have or even the last 2 but may be I am just getting old & things don't sink in so well lol
I have finished 1 sock & am up to the heel flap on the 2nd sock that I am working on, I have ordered some more sock yarn, I get this from a lovely lady in Germany we have had a few hic-cups so e-mails have been going back & forth but I managed to pay her this morning, I ordered some of the lovely yarn I already have plus a few balls of ones I not tried so I can see how they compare.
I plan to try to spend this morning after cutting some squares sewing the block on the new machine just so I can get use to the feel of it as I said before this is a machine I will be taking to Quilting Group more than using it all the time but I still needed it to be user friendly for me that why I went for this as it is a top loading bobbin I found that I struggle with front loading ones it my old hands don't want to do what I want them to lol
On other news my DH found in a charity shop a small exercise bike so we got that as I am trying to lose weight have big amount to lose so I need all the help I can get lol we had ordered a walking machine but after getting the bike cancel it & we saved over £100 the bike when he got it wouldn't tighten on the seat locking screw but he sorted it & as I say it old but for what I want it to do I am more than pleased & it only cost £3 so that can't be bad.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the machine and enjoy using it!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Janice, fantastic, bet I wont recognise you after being on your new machine, exercise one I mean. Looking forward to seeing the new sewing machine next week, can I have a go? Good idea to take a piccy so you remember. Glad it all got sorted for you in the end. lol Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jan
    Of course you can have a go in fact i will insist like to have a second opinion anyway
    No you recognise me i the fat one lol but hope in 6 months or so it won't be the case
    I have tried the machine out by doing the charity block you gave the green squares for, i will also be bring some blocks that i have had sent to me or made that can go for your charity quilts
    Hugs Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and commenting on my post Please remember if you are no reply or I don't have a your e-mail add I can not comment on what you say. I hope you have like my Blog and Will visit again